A slight change of pace for today, I worked on accessories. Specifically the mini needs a sword and a gun so I set to work on those.
First up was the sword. I flattened some copper wire with pliers (hammer and anvil also work). Next I added a 50/50 mix of procreate and aves to the flattened wire. Finally, I squished the putty between a couple of acrylic blocks. Now I just need to wait for the putty to cure.
Next I worked on the flintlock. I generally try to make multiple when I sculpt an accessory. In this case I’m working on three. Again I start with copper wire bent to rough shape. The wire will become the barrel so it is left a little long. I add the stock and hardware using the same 50/50 putty mix. I like this mix because if needed, I can file and sand and shape the cured putty to refine the sculpt after the fact.