Still working on the bridge… Well, the landings actually. See previous work here. I attached the 2×4 lumber to MDF bases. Next I shaped some foam with my trusty foam cutter and glued that around the lumber.
After the glue had dried, I attacked the bases with copious amounts of FoamCoat to shape the landing and rocks. I did discover at this point that FoamCoat does not stick well to rough lumber. Sooo… I reinforced the FoamCoat with some PVA glue.
Allowing the landings to dry overnight and reaching a day off from work, I started in to painting. I use craft paints for the terrain pieces as it is quite cheap. I drilled some holes and planted a few palm trees (made from wire, adhesive labels and string) and glued down some tufts of grass from Army Painter.
A couple coats of matte spray and… Done! With the landings anyway.
I still need to finish the rope anchors and hand lines and more paint, but for now, she is coming along nicely.