I need to start a new figure but I’m at a loss of what to sculpt. So, I started by making an armature and drilled a base for it. I’m going to try out one of the new sculpting handles that I made.
So here I am. A blank armature in my hand… Thinking… Thinking…
Day 16 saw the baking of the mini. 15 minutes at 230•F and the sculpt is locked.
Once it was cool, I added the flintlock pistol to the armature with a touch of super glue. Following that, I took a look at the sword. I didn’t like it. It just didn’t look right to me. I even tried gluing it in place and I didn’t like it. So, what to put there instead?
A quick blob of procreate and a quick baking to cure and I had a hat. A really big hat. And soon, a feather!
Well, I missed a few days in there. My work schedule got the best of me and I chose sleep over sculpting. Now that I’ve finished my work week, I’m back to sculpting.
I added more material and wrinkles to the pants and finished the hair. I also added the buckle to the boots. I think he’s coming along well at this point.
Okay. Work is really starting to get in the way. Or maybe it’s the combination of work and sleep. I did manage to squeeze out a few minutes of time to work on sculpting. Well. It wasn’t really sculpting exactly, but rather sculpting related.
Starting with the blank that I made earlier in the week by pressing it between two acrylic blocks, I shaped the sword blade using various grades of sand paper stretched over a small sanding block.