He is done. Or at least, I’m done working on him. Looking closely, I can see several areas that could use work/improvement/re-sculpting but I think it’s time to move on. He’s not bad and I think he will cast well.
Day 16 saw the baking of the mini. 15 minutes at 230•F and the sculpt is locked.
Once it was cool, I added the flintlock pistol to the armature with a touch of super glue. Following that, I took a look at the sword. I didn’t like it. It just didn’t look right to me. I even tried gluing it in place and I didn’t like it. So, what to put there instead?
A quick blob of procreate and a quick baking to cure and I had a hat. A really big hat. And soon, a feather!
Well, I missed a few days in there. My work schedule got the best of me and I chose sleep over sculpting. Now that I’ve finished my work week, I’m back to sculpting.
I added more material and wrinkles to the pants and finished the hair. I also added the buckle to the boots. I think he’s coming along well at this point.
Okay. Work is really starting to get in the way. Or maybe it’s the combination of work and sleep. I did manage to squeeze out a few minutes of time to work on sculpting. Well. It wasn’t really sculpting exactly, but rather sculpting related.
Starting with the blank that I made earlier in the week by pressing it between two acrylic blocks, I shaped the sword blade using various grades of sand paper stretched over a small sanding block.
Today was another quick sculpting session. I didn’t do much really. I added a bit to the deltoid area just to bulk up the shoulders. I also added the beginnings of his hair. At this point, it’s just shaped clay with no real details.